Welcome to William Tyndale Primary School!
Our school is 'very focused on the development of the whole child and the high achievement of all pupils' (Ofsted March 2013). It is a 'happy and friendly place where it is clear that every child really does matter' (Ofsted 2007).
The school’s recognition by Ofsted as ‘outstanding’ confirms our commitment to high standards and expectations for all pupils. Our diverse community provides the firm base for a curriculum with a creative approach.
We are also proud of our:
- exciting playground, including a wildlife garden and a curriculum garden, in which the children grow their own vegetables;
- sports pitch;
- dedicated art and science studio;
- music specialist who teaches all classes (Nursery to Year 6) in our music studio;
- free recorder tuition for all Year 3 children, Samba and African drumming and dance for Years 3, 4 and 5, and a wonderful school orchestra;
- 21st century wireless ICT provision, including iPads for children in years 1 - 6;
- very strong PHSCE programme including our playground leaders, Eco team, lunchtime monitors and a School Council;
- librarian who develops library skills, as well as deepening children’s understanding of class topics through a wide range of books;
- visiting speakers and exciting workshops;
- wonderful programme of visits using central London as a resource; and
- partnerships, such as those with The Little Angel Theatre, Skills Builder, Geffrye Museum and Malin and Goetz .
As a fully extended school, we run a Breakfast Club and after-school Kids’ Club. We also offer clubs such as choir, guitar, chess, computer, gymnastics, hockey, football, athletics, street dance, ballet, book club, drama, creative writing, gardening, Burnet News and DebateMate!
Finally, it is the strong and committed team of staff, parents and governors which make our school the happy and successful place it is.
Why don't you come along to the school and see it for yourself? I look forward to meeting you at one of our prospective parent tours. In the meantime please browse our website and enjoy the virtual tour.
With best wishes
Tanya Watson - Head Teacher